Thursday, August 11, 2011

A potpourri of thoughts


As I write this, the thunder is rolling, we’re getting our first rain in a couple of weeks, it feels odd to say that we needed it, after how wet the first part of the summer was in our area. Wish we could have sent some of that water to the folks burning up in Texas.
My mom spent yesterday cleaning out the garages… apparently, it couldn’t wait until Saturday when she would have younger help to boss around. (J ) My parents grew up after the depression and tend to save everything. Or almost everything… we have the bikes they bought for the grandkids in the late 80s and early 90s. But have no clue what happened to my brother’s Stingray. I remember that bike; it was orange with a dark grey, glittery banana seat and high handlebars. I had to be able to ride it across the yard and around the martin house before I could get my own bike. Mine was white, with a sky blue seat. Until I painted it.  My nephew says they keep junk and threw out the good stuff. I think the good stuff is the memories.
***
There’s been a lot of talk of politics and what is happening in Washington. I consider myself politically neutral… not necessarily an independent, but neutral. Both parties have greatly disappointed me as a citizen, I wish the anger that my fellow citizens are voicing now, months away from any election would still be churning when they go to the polls and vote…. But it won’t. Voters will forget that the people we sent to represent us failed to even think about us, and held fast to party lines. The anger will be forgotten and those politicians will be re-elected and the cycle of a broken America will continue.
***
And now my final thought to share. I’m hoping to write an article on members of law enforcement who are also EMTs or Paramedics… if you know someone, please have them contact me! lastruve@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment